Kernel patches

ypnos

Kernel patches

Post by ypnos »

Dear fit-PC2 developers:

I upgraded my fit-PC to Ubuntu 9.10 using the custom repository and it works fine. However, I don't like Ubuntu and I would very much prefer to use Arch Linux. By the way that distribution is a much better fit to a low profile system like the fitPC.

Now I would like to go on and try using the information from your Ubuntu repository to run Arch Linux with self-built kernel that enables Poulsbo support and other goodies.

In your repository, there is only vanilla kernel and one single 800 k lines patchfile available. This makes it very hard to create a patched kernel that works for other distributions than Ubuntu.

Could you please make available the individual patches for various drivers that essentially compose this patchfile? So I can try to apply one-by-one, skipping unneeded patches (if I understand correctly, there are also generic Ubuntu patches in the large patchfile?) and maybe being able to also fix issues with different kernel versions. For example, 2.6.32 has different driver system for the Ralink wireless card (it works well on Fit-PC2).

Best Regards,
ypnos

ypnos

Re: Kernel patches

Post by ypnos »

So what's the status on this?

The patchfile patches over 2000 files. It would be nice to get at least information about how it is composed.

pie86

Re: Kernel patches

Post by pie86 »

I agree. I'm in the same condition as you...no video for my arch powered fit-pc2 :(

please help us!:)

Return to “Other Linux distributions”